On Monday, January 1st, I challenged you to follow what you truly desire in 2018.
Today, I would like to share what I wish for you, based on what I think I know about you based on you being on this list ;)
My overreaching desire is for you to rewrite the story that in the new year there is ANY reason for you to create a "new you." YOU - at your core - are fundamentally enough.
What about New Year, SAME you, more loving relationship to you?
Along those lines...
Here’s what I wish for you in 2018:
- You call 3 friends, one after another, in a moment of crisis, both allowing yourself to have needs & knowing that they’re there for you
- You see an advertisement that previously would have tripped you up, it doesn’t phase you, and then you realize that your internal landscape has shifted and you have better walls against the bullshit
- You took a class in something that you’ve been meaning to try for ages but haven’t because you’re too old / it’s too silly / etc etc etc
- You look in the mirror and say damn, you look fine!
- You look in the mirror, don’t feel right about what you see, and are ever so kind to yourself in that moment, smiling with compassion at the fact that you allowed yourself to notice the disconnection
- You hear something said that doesn’t feel “right”, and instead of letting it slide you have enough resilience to intrude in the moment to share your thoughts, even though it feels fucking hard
- You go onto social media and see art, ideas and stories that reflect your experience and inspire you
- You find that magical accessory that feels so YOU and supports you shining bright in the world
- You host a five course dinner party and feel well-nourished by the food, company and experience
- You have a moment at work where you feel aligned & seen for what you bring & who you are
- You go to sleep at night after a day of doing exactly what you want to do
- You say no to something that is hard to say no to and feel the pride & relief at doing so
- You consider collective needs when making your choices while also honoring what you need as a critical part of that community
- You feel that you are enough
In reading my wishes, notice what they spark in you, and feel free to use any of these as inspiration and jumping off points for your own thinking and visioning for 2018.
Wishing you softness & strength in 2018.